For programming at the primary level, needs following software (SOFTWARE):
- Operating system
- The web server
- Text editor
- FTR client
- Graphic editor
- Messenger for messaging with other employees and customers
At the beginning of the software development (SOFTWARE) need to determine with the operating system, which will be the basis for programming. Most developers choose Linux because it's free and quite flexible, when it comes to installing new software.
Alternatively, more and more developers prefer Ubuntu www.ubuntu.com/download
You can install version 14.04
As a web server, it is sufficient to take the LAMP (Linux + Apache + MySQL + PHP). To install LAMP on Ubuntu just go to terminal and enter the command:
sudo apt-get install lamp-server^
During installation it will ask you twice to enter the password for the MySQL administrator. You can leave the password blank. After installation, if you go to the address localhost , you will see a welcome message “It works”.
To restart, stop and start LAMP you can use the following commands:
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 stop
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
The default working folder for your website will be /var/www . Access to it have only the administrator, but this can be changed by running the command:
sudo chmod-R 777 /var/www
In order to work with multiple sites on a LAMP, you need to do the following steps:
- In the folder /home/USERNAME , create a www directory in which to create another directory that will serve as a repository for files website. For example /home/admin/www/site_one . As an example, so you can create multiple sites with which you will work.
- Open the terminal and go to the folder /etc/apache2/sites-available with the command cd /etc/apache2/sites-available . In this folder is stored the configuration of the web server.
- Create a file with the name of our future website sudo gedit site_one.conf and insert into new file these lines:
ServerName site_one DocumentRoot /home/admin/www/site_one/ <Directory "/home/admin/www/site_one"> Order allow,deny Allow from all AllowOverride All # New directive needed in Apache 2.4.3: Require all granted
Now we need to change the list of hosts and to bring here our website. To do this, run the command
sudo gedit /etc/hosts
and add the following line:
Now you need to activate the new host using the command sudo a2ensite site_one and restart the server sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
If you did everything correctly, your website will be available at site one .
There is a convenient and multifunction text editor Sublime Text. it established itself as a quick and convenient tool.
In order to install the editor, perform the following commands in the terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/sublime-text-3
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install sublime-text-installer
The most popular FTP client is FileZilla www.filezilla-project.org/
The client is installed using the commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:adabbas/1stppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install filezilla
The best and most functional graphical editor on Linux, there is GIMP - www.gimp.org/ . It is not too inferior to PhotoShop and has a set of all necessary for the programmer-coder functions.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gimp
For correspondence in a business environment most often used by Skype. Skype for Linux is not as stable and reliable as for Windows OS, but is copes with the main functions: exchange of messages, files, video calls, group chats.
Install Skype we can as follows:
- Users of 64-bit Ubuntu need to put MultyArch because skype is 32-bit program. This is done with the command sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 . For users, who have a 32-bit Ubuntu, you can skip this step.
- Next you need to add the repository sudo add-apt-repository "deb,www.archive.canonical.com/ $(lsb_release -sc) partner" .
- Latest step will be the update, actually, installation of the Skype sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install skype .